- Learn more about Shoulder Tendonitis
Physiotherapy for Shoulder Tendonitis – Your First Visit
Your physiotherapist will be asking about your symptoms and your activity at the time of your injury. Be sure to tell your physio if you have an existing shoulder problem or you have had injury to your shoulder in the past.
Your physiotherapist will conduct a thorough evaluation and examination of your shoulder. After that, your therapist will formulate a comprehensive shoulder physiotherapy program made specifically for you. Your treatment plan will be based on your specific problems and goals.
Your treatment may start immediately after your initial evaluation.
Physiotherapy Treatment Options for Shoulder Tendonitis
Depending on the severity and specific type of tendonitis that you have, your physiotherapist may provide you with a combination of any of the following
- Ice pack application or ice massage
- Hot pack application
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) / Iontophoresis
- Ultrasound therapy / Phonophoresis
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Joint mobilization
- Physiotherapy exercises
- Gentle range of motion (ROM) exercises
- General conditioning exercises
- Flexibility / stretching exercises
- Progressive strengthening exercises
- Patient education
- About shoulder tendonitis
- Precautions to observe
- Activity or work modification
- Self-care of symptoms
- Shoulder injury prevention
- Work or sports-specific rehabilitation program
Remember that the type of physiotherapy treatment that you will receive will depend on your specific problems and goals. Your physiotherapist will help you determine the intervention that’s best for you.
Read More On
Conditions and Injuries l All About Physiotherapy
P.S.: Thank you for visiting our website. If you found this information helpful, please share it with your family or friends by clicking on the Share Buttons below. Thank You!